Sunday, February 19, 2017

Today I get to clean my main saddle.  It'll be raining most of the day, and the indoor is closed for a dressage clinic.  If the clinician didn't speak in a low tone through a mic only the rider can hear, it might be worth cleaning while watching the clinic riders.  But, you can't hear him from the bleachers, so, meh, I'm going to sit home in front of my heater and play Andreas Fappani training dvds while I soap her up and butter her down.  For as much as I seem to put off doing it, it's a chore I really do enjoy.  I guess I just put it off because the list of chores never seems to end... If I'm lucky, I get through it before rolling back up to the top of the list again.  Anyways, today I'm going to try out a new product, Higher Standards Handcrafted Saddle Soap, "Woody's Confidence Blend".  It's fancy, it smells good, and it came with it's own sponge.  I'll lather on the saddle butter afterwards.  I'll post an update later with my thoughts on their product!

3 comments:

  1. What a treat to find another post so soon Of course I knew all about your afternoon of saddle cleaning and training dvds from talking to you on the phone. But still, glad you're keeping this up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete